The switch to the new südtirolmobil ticketing system is already in full swing.
During this transition, different conditions of use apply to different tickets. For Südtirol Pass holders, nothing changes – except for top-ups on buses during a short period of time.
Top tip: Mobile tickets are always a great solution! If you buy your tickets and check in online using the südtirolmobil app, you no longer need ticket machines or validation devices – you’ll already have a valid ticket in your pocket.
You can use any contactless ticket:
- Südtirol Pass, Euregio Family Pass, Südtirol Pass abo+, Südtirol Pass 65+: (Almost) nothing changes. There’s only one exception: Until autumn 2023, it will not be possible to top up your Südtirol Pass or Euregio Family Pass on buses in South Tyrol. Top-ups are available online and at any südtirolmobil ticket office, but the easiest way to pay for your journeys is on a “post-paid” basis using SEPA direct debit.
- Mobilcards: Contactless Mobilcards can be checked in as before.
- Pre-paid cards: Pre-paid cards are no longer available since 1 August 2023. Old cards with unused credit can be returned at some südtirolmobil sales points within one year since they were last used. Any remaining credit will be refunded (see here for more information).
- Single tickets:
- regional buses: Single tickets are available on board;
- urban buses: Buy your ticket from a südtirolmobil ticket office.
- Group tickets: not available until further notice.
- Guest Pass: Simply show your ticket at the ticket inspector’s request.
- Single tickets and Mobilcards with a magnetic stripe: Simply show your ticket at the ticket inspector’s request. Please enter date and time manually.
- Day passes for urban buses in Bolzano/Bozen and Merano/Meran: only available through the südtirolmobil app. Day passes cannot be bought on board or from südtirolmobil ticket offices.
- Euregio 2 Plus: available through the südtirolmobil app and in südtirolmobil ticket offices. Euregio 2 Plus passes cannot be bought on board.
If your ticket has a contactless symbol, hold it in front of the ticket validation device sensor showing the same symbol.
At present, it is not possible to use the new ticket validation machines to pay for transporting bicycles or animals with your Südtirol Pass. We recommend using the option to check-in online on your südtirolmobil app or, alternatively, buy a day pass for transporting bicycles or Mobilcard Junior for your four-legged friend. We will refund the difference – just e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’ve been charged the wrong amount, please e-mail us at email@example.com or call us: +39 0471 220 880. Any incorrect charges will be refunded.
Brand-new südtirolmobil ticket machines are operating at all 55 train station across South Tyrol.
In Bolzano central station there are now two new ticket machines for purchasing train tickets and for recharging Alto Adige Passes (prepaid). Further functions will soon be available; in bus stations, the ticket machines are not yet active.
If you take the train from a station without a functioning ticket machine, inform the train conductor at the start of your journey so that you can buy your ticket on the train without a surcharge.