Smooth and connected: public transport in South Tyrol
Maximum convenience for our passengers: With our uniform ticket system, we bring the cities and mountain tops to your doorstep: by bus, train and cable-car. All public transport in South Tyrol is firmly rooted in key data sets and structures that link and pave the way for accessible travel.
The network includes:
- regional train services:
- regional trains and regional express trains (R/RV) between Brennero/Brenner and Trento,
- all trains between Malles/Mals and Merano/Meran,
- all trains between Merano/Meran and Bolzano/Bozen and
- all trains between Fortezza/Franzensfeste and San Candido/Innichen as well as Versciaco/Vierschach;
- all regional bus services, urban bus routes and Citybus services;
- all südtirolmobil cable-car services: Renon/Ritten – Bolzano/Bozen, Colle/Kohlern – Bolzano/Bozen, Meltina/Mölten – Vilpiano/Vilpian, Verano/Vöran – Postal/Burgstall and Maranza/Meransen – Rio di Pusteria/Mühlbach;
- the Renon/Ritten light railway;
- the Mendola/Mendel funicular.
Please note that the südtirolmobil network does not include cross-border train services (Brennero/Brenner – Innsbruck and San Candido/Innichen or Versciaco/Vierschach – Lienz). Some südtirolmobil tickets can however be used on these services at a special rate.
südtirolmobil tickets can also be used on a number of bus services beyond the boundaries of South Tyrol:
- Dobbiaco/Toblach – Cortina d'Ampezzo (Belluno)
- Selva Gardena/Wolkenstein – Canazei (Trentino)
- Selva Gardena/Wolkenstein – Pordoi pass (Trentino)
- Bolzano/Bozen – Pera di Fassa (Trentino)
- Ora/Auer – Cavalese (Trentino)
- Merano/Meran – Fondo (Trentino)
- Malles/Mals – Nauders (A) – Martina (CH)
Dobbiaco/Toblach – Three Peaks (Belluno): Südtirol Pass tickets of all kinds can be used on this shuttle bus service. Please note, however, that Mobilcards, museumobil Cards, bikemobil Cards, pre-paid cards and the different guest passes are not valid on these services.
Malles/Mals – Müstair (CH) – Zernez (CH): The Swiss PostAuto buses are not equipped with südtirolmobil ticket validation machines. If you have one of the following tickets, you can use the PostAuto bus service at no additional cost: Südtirol Pass abo+, Südtirol Pass 65+, Südtirol Pass free, Mobilcard, museumobil Card, bikemobil Card and Südtirol Guest Pass. All other passengers, regardless of their departure and destination stop, are required to pay 1.50 EUR per person for the journey from Malles/Mals to the border. Südtirol Pass holders only pay 1 EUR upon presenting their pass.
Tickets valid on PostAuto bus journeys into Switzerland: Generalabonnement, Halbtax and the südtirolmobil day passes to explore the Swiss National Park and the Engadine valleys.