From Monday 02 until Sunday 08 August 2021, all trains between Brennero/Brenner and Fortezza/Franzensfeste will be suspended, as the tracks between Campo di Trens/Freienfeld and Vipiteno/Sterzing will remain closed during construction works on a railway bridge scheduled by RFI, the rail network operator.
Regional trains: passenger info
- There will be replacement bus services for all regional trains (100E) between Fortezza/Franzensfeste and Brennero/Brenner. For some regional express trains, the replacement bus service will run all the way to Bolzano/Bozen.
- Buses replacing regional trains will stop outside the railway stations – with the following exceptions:
- Campo di Trens/Freienfeld: buses will stop along the SS 12 road (Strada Statale del Brennero/Brenner-Staatsstraße)
- Chiusa/Klausen: buses will stop at the bus station
- Bolzano/Bozen train station: buses will stop at the Est A/Ost A bus bay (outside the Palazzo Provinciale II/Landhaus II building, directly opposite the main train station)
Please note that some train services will also be cancelled between Fortezza/Franzensfeste and Bolzano/Bozen during this period and that it is not possible to transport bicycles on replacement bus services.
Eurocity (EC) trains: passenger info
- Bus services will be available to replace long-distance, cross-border Eurocity (EC) trains. The service covers the following sections without intermediate stops: Innsbruck–Bolzano/Bozen and Innsbruck–Fortezza/Franzensfeste.
- Stops for buses replacing EC trains:
- Bolzano/Bozen: Via Garibaldi/Garibaldi-Straße (parallel to platform 1A, i.e. “Binario tronco/Stumpfgleis” at Bolzano/Bozen train station)
- Fortezza/Franzensfeste: Via Stazione/Bahnhofstraße
- Innsbruck: Verladestelle (i.e. the ramps where cars are loaded onto the train at Innsbruck station)
- During the closure, all Eurocity tickets for journeys between Bolzano/Bozen and Brennero/Brenner that depart and end at Bressanone/Brixen, Fortezza/Franzensfeste or Brennero/Brenner can be used on all regional services (R trains) and on any replacement bus service (100E).
- All Railjet trains between Bolzano/Bozen and Vienna (RJX 184/185) will be suspended without replacement until the works are completed. Services to/from Venice (EC86/EC87) will be redirected via Tarvisio.
Please note that it is not possible to transport bicycles on replacement bus services.