There's nothing like starting young. And we'll make sure you get there.
Südtirol Pass abo+ tickets are personalised, annual smart cards or electronic tickets for pupils and students. They are based on a fixed-rate, annual fee and can be used flexibly for unlimited journeys throughout the entire südtirolmobil network and on regional trains all the way to Trento.
Please note that abo+ tickets are not valid on cross-border train services (Brennero/Brenner – Innsbruck and San Candido/Innichen or Versciaco/Vierschach – Lienz), do not include the transport of bikes or pets and can neither be used on Nightliner bus journeys nor on long-distance or high-speed rail services.
In order to validate your ticket, you must check in your Südtirol Pass abo+ at the start of each journey. If you are aged 14 or over, you must also be able to show valid proof of ID at the request of the train or bus staff.
The only payment you have to make for your Südtirol Pass abo+ is an annual fee that covers all individual journeys throughout the year. All you need to do is check in when boarding a bus or train.
The reduced annual fee of 20 EUR is available to:
- pupils and students attending primary, middle and secondary school,
- full-time vocational training school students,
- anyone undergoing basic training in the social sector and
- apprentices under 18 years of age attending a vocational training school (who are still under 18 on 31 December of the school year in question)
Passes at an annual fee of 150 EUR are available to:
- university students,
- apprentices aged 18 (who will have turned 18 by 31 December of the school year in question)
- anyone attending evening classes and
- anyone undergoing basic training in the social sector.
Who is entitled to a Südtirol Pass abo+? All pupils and students:
- who are not yet 28 years old at the time of applying,
- who live and/or go to school or study in South Tyrol,
- who study at a higher education institution or are undergoing basic training in the social sector in South Tyrol.
Südtirol Pass abo+ tickets for underage Italian citizens living abroad who are registered in the A.I.R.E. (register of Italians living abroad) of a South Tyrolean municipality can be applied for via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications for a first issue or the annual renewal of a minor's Südtirol Pass abo+ must be submitted by their parent or legal guardian.
Südtirol Pass abo+ holders aged 18 and over must apply online and in their own name.
abo+ for pupils and high-school students: Applications for a first issue or the annual renewal of a Südtirol Pass abo+ must be submitted between 1 May and 31 December or by 31 March of the following year.
abo+ for university students: Südtirol Pass abo+ tickets for university students do not have a pre-determined application deadline: They can be applied for and/or renewed at any time throughout the year and are generally valid for 380 days from the date of application.
If your school or higher education institution is not listed in the system, you can request for it to be added to the list during the online application process by clicking on the appropriate button. You will receive an e-mail as soon as your school has been registered, after which you can continue with the application process.
You can use our online services and apply for your Südtirol Pass abo+ and its renewal with or without a digital access keys: either through SPID (Sistema Pubblico di Identità Digitale) or using your Carta dei Servizi/Bürgerkarte pass and reader.
- by SEPA Direct Debit,
- by credit card (Visa or Mastercard) or pagoPA while applying for your ticket online,
- by credit card (Visa or Mastercard) or pagoPA through your user account or using the appropriate online banking services (authorised banks only; giro transfers excluded),
- at any authorised südtirolmobil ticket counter. Please note that when paying at a ticket counter, you will need to show your Südtirol Pass abo+.
While your Südtirol Pass abo+ does not need to be activated separately before its first use, the annual fee must have been paid in full in order to start using it.
When you apply for your pass, we recommend setting up a personalised user account to benefit from a variety of online services:
- check the status of your Südtirol Pass abo+,
- check any journeys with paid additional services,
- activate or deactivate paid additional services,
- block your card and order a replacement,
- change your payment preferences,
- change your address and other data.
If your Südtirol Pass abo+ ticket is issued for the first time, you can pick it up from the secretary's/administrative office at your school.
If your school or higher education institution is not located in South Tyrol, during the online application process you can choose at which südtirolmobil ticket counter or sales point to pick up your ticket.
abo+ for pupils and high-school students: All Südtirol Pass abo+ tickets for pupils and high-school students are valid until 15 September of each year. Online renewal and payment of the annual fee for the following school year is available from as early as 01 May of each year.
If you are applying for a new Südtirol Pass abo+, you can start using your ticket from 01 September at the earliest provided that you have paid the annual fee. Your abo+ will then be valid until 15 September of the following year.
If you haven't renewed your Südtirol Pass abo+, it will expire on 15 September and a notification will be displayed on the ticket validation machines.
If you have applied but not yet paid for your Südtirol Pass abo+ to be renewed, it will be blocked and a notification displayed on the ticket validation machines saying that your credit has run out ("Euro 0") from 16 September. You will be able to use your Südtirol Pass abo+ again as soon as the annual fee has been paid.
abo+ for university students: Südtirol Pass abo+ tickets for university students do not have a pre-determined validity: They can be applied for and/or renewed at any time throughout the year and are generally valid for 380 days from the date of application.
Every time you board a bus or train, remember to check in at the blue ticket validation machine, otherwise your ticket will not be valid. Checking in is easy: To validate and use your abo+ ticket, simply hold it in front of the sensor.
Train journeys: If you are travelling on directly connecting trains, there's no need to check in a second time at the station where you change trains. Passengers on a regional train departing from a train station south of Trento and on their way to South Tyrol who have a regular train ticket to Trento and a Südtirol Pass abo+ do not need to alight at Trento and check in to validate their ticket.
Train journeys Innsbruck – Brennero/Brenner and Lienz – San Candido/Innichen: The train stations of Innsbruck, Sillian and Lienz (Austria) are equipped with ticket machines where you can check in and validate your abo+ ticket from Brennero/Brenner or San Candido/Innichen, respectively. Remember to buy a separate ticket for your journey within Austria.
If your Südtirol Pass abo+ is lost, stolen or damaged, you can order a replacement at the price of 20 EUR.
If your Südtirol Pass abo+ is not visibly damaged but worn out and/or no longer functional due to a defect, you can order a replacement from any südtirolmobil sales point free of charge.
When ordering a replacement, please let us know where you'd like to pick up your new ticket. Replacements can be requested:
- by any parent or legal guardian or by the ticket holder themselves (if they are 18 or over) online through their user account,
- by the secretary's/administrative office of the ticket holder's school (if located in South Tyrol),
- through our südtirolmobil Service and Information Centre on +39 0471 220 880 (Mon-Fri: 8:00-18:00),
- at any authorised südtirolmobil ticket counter or sales point.
If your school, higher education institution or university is not located in South Tyrol, you can pick up your replacement ticket at any authorised sales point.
Paying for a replacement ticket: If you use our SEPA Direct Debit system, the cost of your replacement ticket will be added to your next invoice. Alternatively, you can pay for your replacement ticket at any südtirolmobil sales point within 15 days. Failure to pay for your replacement ticket will result in the ticket being blocked.
Your Südtirol Pass abo+ is a personalised, annual ticket that must be checked in at the start of each journey in order to be validated. It is non-transferable and may not be used by another person. If you are aged 14 or over, you may be required to also show valid proof of ID at the request of a member of staff.
Regardless of the reason why, if you do not have your Südtirol Pass abo+ on you (e.g. because you have lost it or forgotten it), you must buy a valid ticket for that journey.
Any misuse of your Südtirol Pass abo+ will result in the immediate confiscation of your pass. The duration of the confiscation can range from one month to a maximum of one year and is determined by the competent provincial authority. During that time, it is neither possible to apply for a new Südtirol Pass abo+ nor to order a replacement.
To benefit even more widely from your Südtirol Pass abo+, you can have it equipped with a function to pay for additional services that you may need: either with our pre-paid system that can be topped up or "re-filled" as you go or by direct debit from your bank account. You can use it:
- to pay for transporting bicycles,
- to pay for transporting a pet,
- to travel on Nightliner bus services (Nightliner fares apply)
- and on cross-border train services to Innsbruck or Lienz; regional trains only. All journeys within Austria are charged at the official VVT/ÖBB rate. If you have an ÖBB-Vorteilscard, simply register it in your user account to claim your discount.
Please remember to validate your ticket: If you have activated the payment function of your Südtirol Pass abo+, you can validate and use your ticket just like a standard Südtirol Pass. When travelling on a regional train, please remember to enter the code of your destination into the ticket validation machine and to confirm your selection, otherwise your ticket will not be valid. A list of all train station codes can be found next to the blue ticket validation machines.