Buy tickets and check in online
südtirolmobil online ticketing: your one-stop shop
To purchase a ticket online, all you need is two things: your smartphone and the südtirolmobil app. Visit our online ticket shop to find the right ticket for your journey. That way, you can travel flexibly throughout South Tyrol by bus and train and stay mobile at all times.
These tickets are available online:
- single tickets for regional lines
- single tickets for urban lines
- day passes for urban lines
- tickets to the Mendola/Mendel funicular and the Renon/Ritten cable-car and light railway
- Nightliner tickets
- day passes for transporting bikes
- Euregio 2 Plus day passes
How it works
In the südtirolmobil app, click on the lila icon to go to the ticket shop and select the ticket you’d like to buy. Enter the name of the ticket holder and how many tickets you need. Then enter your credit card details to pay.
Please note: To buy a single ticket for a regional line, first open the online journey planner and select your journey or route.
Once the purchase is complete, your digital ticket can be found in the ticket overview (“Ticket” icon). Before starting your journey, remember to check in and validate your ticket online. To do so, click on the “Check in and use” button. From that moment, the ticket will be displayed as an “Active journey” and you are ready to go.
Please note: If the purchased online ticket is valid for several journeys, you only need to check in once before your first journey. For all subsequent journeys, simply show your validated online ticket (“Active journey” with a green frame) to the bus driver or at the request of a ticket inspector.
When boarding a bus or during ticket inspection, simply show your “active journey” on your smartphone. To do so, click on the barcode icon. A green frame indicates an “active journey”, meaning that you have checked in successfully and your ticket is valid. The info displayed includes the time at which the ticket was validated and how much time has passed since then.
Bus drivers or ticket inspectors can push the blue “Check validity” button to verify the validity of your online ticket with the help of an in-built animation.
Keep in mind:
- Children up to the age of 6 travel for free and do not need a ticket.
- An additional ticket is required for bicycles as well as medium-sized and large dogs on all means of public transport. Please remember this when buying your ticket online! Click here for more information on transporting pets or bicycles.